Last Modified: March 7, 2022
What information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect include:
- contact information (such as name, phone and fax number, email and postal address) for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business);
- information used to create your online account (such as username, password and security question and answer);
- biographical and demographic information (such as date of birth, age, gender, job title/position, marital status and dependent, spousal and other family information);
- purchase and customer service history;
financial information (such as payment information, including name, billing address and payment card details (i.e., card number, expiration date and security code); bank account information; financial statements; income; and credit score);
- location data (such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code) and the precise geolocation of your mobile device where we have provided notice and choice, as appropriate;
- inferences about you, including about your preferences;
other personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact Us” feature).
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Site or Services.
What Do We Use Your Information For?
- We may use the personal information we obtain to:
provide and administer our products and services;
- process and fulfill orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- communicate about and administer our products, services, events, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts,
- promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- conduct and facilitate surveys, sweepstakes, contests, focus groups and market research initiatives;
- perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- provide customer support;
- process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications;
- create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing and improving our products and services; developing new products, services and Online Channels; managing our communications and customer relationships;
- and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, contractual obligations and our policies;
- maintain the safety and security of our products and services.
- We may combine personal information we obtain online with information we obtain offline for the purposes described above.
- We may anonymize or aggregate personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We also may use personal information for additional purposes that we identify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
The legal basis for processing your personal information as described above will be one of the following:
- Performance of a contract with you or a relevant party;
- Our legitimate business interests; or
- Compliance with our legal obligations.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
When you place an order, your information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and encrypted into our payment provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are subject to strict requirements to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your payment card information will not be stored on our servers.
We will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We will retain Personal Information we process for as long as needed to provide the Services. We will retain and use this Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Choice and Consent:
You may revoke your consent, and/or object to or block processing of your Personal Information by emailing a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request in accordance with the law that applies to you. A request to revoke consent or block processing of your Personal Information may not apply to information collected by cookies or used internally to recognize you and/or facilitate your visits to the Site, or information we may keep to comply with legal requirements.
Do We Disclose any Information to Outside Parties?:
We disclose Personal Information to trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing services to you. These third parties are contractually obligated to safeguard your Personal Information consistent with the terms of this Policy and are restricted from using or disclosing such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with the applicable legal requirements.
We will disclose your information in response to valid legal process, for example, in response to a court order, a subpoena or other legal request for information, and/or to comply with applicable legal and regulatory reporting requirements. We also may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our products and/or services and with applicable laws, or as otherwise required or permitted by law or consistent with legal requirements. We reserve the right to transfer to relevant third-parties any information we have about you in the event of a potential or actual sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution or liquidation) or other business combination.
International or Cross-Border Transfer of Your Personal Information and Your Express Agreement:
Social Media Features
Links to Other Sites; Transactions with Third Parties
Our Site is intended for use by individuals who are at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If your child provided Personal Information to the Site, please contact us using the information provided below so that we may promptly delete it.
Your California Privacy Rights; California Do Not Track Disclosures
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our privacy officer as listed below. Please note that we do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. In addition, our Site does not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Accessing Your Information
You may at any time review or change, amend or update your Personal Information that we hold by contacting us using the contact information below. Upon verifying your identity, your Personal Information will be corrected, deactivated or deleted promptly and in accordance with the law that applies to you.
When visitors leave comments on the Site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who We Share Your Data With and How Long We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 60 days.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
Backups of security log details are retained for 14 days.
Security logs are retained for 60 days.
Where we send your data
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect depends on how the User sets up Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
In case you’re using Google Web Fonts (default) or playing videos or sounds via YouTube or Vimeo in Slider Revolution we recommend to add the corresponding text phrase to your privacy police:
Our website uses plugins from YouTube, which is operated by Google. The operator of the pages is YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a YouTube plugin, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. Here the YouTube server is informed about which of our pages you have visited.
If you’re logged in to your YouTube account, YouTube allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
YouTube is used to help make our website appealing. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
Further information about handling user data, can be found in the data protection declaration of YouTube under https://www.google.de/intl/de/... website uses features provided by the Vimeo video portal. This service is provided by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a Vimeo plugin, a connection to the Vimeo servers is established. Here the Vimeo server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. In addition, Vimeo will receive your IP address. This also applies if you are not logged in to Vimeo when you visit our plugin or do not have a Vimeo account. The information is transmitted to a Vimeo server in the US, where it is stored.
If you are logged in to your Vimeo account, Vimeo allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your Vimeo account.
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
https://soundcloud.com/pages/p... do not want SoundCloud to associate your visit to our site with your SoundCloud account, please log out of your SoundCloud account.
LightForce Orthodontics, Inc.
Attention: Legal Department
44 Third Ave
Burlington, Massachusetts 01803